Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week recap

How is everyone's week going?  I'd love to be able to say that we've done so many exciting things, but not so much this time.  We celebrated my dad's birthday last Thursday night by ordering some pizzas and visiting with my grandmother.  Our weekend was pretty tame too... grocery shopping, working on a project for the nursery, laundry, caught up on some DVR shows, and of course spent time with Mary-Grace.

We got baby girl to take all but one of her naps this weekend in her crib.  We fell into the trap of either me holding her (which I really do love but it's not realistic for the future) or her napping in the same room as us.  We couldn't get her to sleep more than 30  minutes at a time in her crib.  Hopefully I'm not the only parent this has happened to.  She'll sleep for others with no problem but not for us.  She must know we are suckers!  I use to brag on her when she started sleeping through the night at 4 weeks old, but that has changed.  During the past 3 or 4 weeks she's been waking up 1-2 times a night acting fussy.  I talked to another mom with a little one about the same age and she said the same thing was happening with her.  She said she read about something called a 4 month regression.  Has anyone else heard of this?  From all of the advice I've been given and from what I've read, staying consistent with bedtime routines is important along with putting your baby down before she falls asleep.  We'll see how things keep up!  

Did anyone score some Lilly during the after party sale last week?  I missed out on a few things that I really wanted but did manage to snag the Parrish maxi dress in Sea and Be Seen.  


I was worried about it fitting me but luckily it's a perfect fit!  It's not what I would consider work appropriate, but I'm sure I'll still get a lot of wear out of it and definitely can't beat the sale price! Did you also hear about the Lilly and Target collaboration?  Lilly Pulitzer will have a collection in Target on April 19th.  Over 250 items!  I don't think I'll be able to contain my excitement! 


No comments:

Post a Comment