Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Home Gardens

  Having our own back yard now and spending so much more time at home has me dreaming of planting a garden.  I have absolutely no green thumb but I still love the thought of growing our own fruits and veggies, and teaching my kids about how these foods grow (while trying to keep them alive).  Ideally we'd like to put a fence around our back yard first, which we're hoping will be some time this year so the plan for this garden is for next spring.  I'm picturing a couple of raised beds to start off with.  There are several tutorials out there on how to build your own and I've also seen several affordable ones on FB marketplace built by locals.  I also like the idea of using a plant stand and pots for some smaller crops.  It would be perfect for a porch or large balcony if there's not a yard for raised or fenced-in beds.  I might get one this spring for some flowers to put on our back patio.  

  Below I've shown some examples of what I'm picturing with the raised beds and some examples of stands.  Do you have a garden at home?  I'm planning to do a lot of research before I invest and would also love some tips from you all!













1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to start a garden now too. Having access to fresh fruits and veggies seems extra important right now.

    ReplyDelete