Tuesday, August 11, 2015

As of lately...

Happy Tuesday!  We've had a couple of busy weeks around here.  We got back from our trip to SC and then spent a few days unpacking and getting ready for Mary-Grace's birthday party the following weekend.  That same weekend we attended a baby shower for our good friends.  They had their baby boy a little early and he was born the day after her birthday!  We got to go visit them Sunday and I held him as long as I could.  He's so tiny and adorable.  I forgot what it was like to hold a newborn after holding Mary-Grace. We've also been staying busy with doctor appointments, Josh having food poisoning (thank goodness he's better now!), and catching up with stuff around the house.

Our trip to Charleston was relaxing and fun... just what we needed.  We rented a house in Folly Beach with my mom, stepdad, grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousin, and my aunt's sister. My uncle, cousin, aunt and her sister all live in Georgia so we thought it'd be a good place to meet in the middle.  Josh and I had never been to Charleston or Folly Beach so we were excited to see everything.  We've also never been on a vacation with everyone before so we were looking forward to spending time with them. We went to the aquarium, city market (which going on a 100 degree day wasn't that great of an idea), the beach of course, and toured around looking at historical sites.  I've posted a few pictures on Instagram of what we did/saw and a few more below.  We also had a lot of relaxation and down time... taking naps, playing cards, cooking, etc.  Josh and I were also able to get a date in since we had several babysitters.  We went to lunch at Husk, which I highly recommend if you happen to go to Charleston.  We love having Mary-Grace with us but it was nice to not rush to eat or worry about keeping her occupied.  Charleston is such a beautiful city and I definitely want to go back again!











*photos by myself-Heather Griffin




No comments:

Post a Comment