Friday, March 15, 2019

Benton's 2nd Birthday

Benton turned two back on February 28th and we celebrated with a party the following Saturday.  I seriously cannot believe he is now 2 years old!  I know every mom says they can't believe how fast time is flying by and they can't believe their child is another year older, but it is so true.  I really love this age.  His little personality is shining through every day and he is a joy to be around.  

I went round and round deciding which theme to have for his party.  He's not talking much so he couldn't tell me what he wanted, so I based it off of things he likes.  I decided on a beach themed party because he loves the beach (and so do we!) and I thought it would be easy to put together.

It was very special to be able to celebrate another of Benton's birthdays with our family and close friends.  I think he had a great time and hopefully everyone else did as well!  The weather turned out to be beautiful the day of the party so we blew up the kids bounce house and set it up out back.  After the kids got tired of bouncing, they came inside and played in our "play room" which is really just a corner of our basement.  The party was set for 3pm, which is right after Benton usually wakes up from his nap.  We decided on snack foods we thought everyone would like such as Chick-Fil-A nuggets, fruit, veggies with ranch dip,  cookies, goldfish,  mash ups for the kids, Pirate Booty, and of course no birthday party is complete without cake and/or cupcakes.  We tried to tie in some of the snack foods with the theme of the party such as the goldfish and Pirate Booty.  I found the most adorable paper boat cake topper from Easy and ordered the cake and cupcakes from Walmart.  We had most of the "decor" and serving dishes/bowls/etc already.  I did get the basket that's holding the Pirate Booty from Home Goods for $7 and I know I'll use it for something else.  I also got him the Beaufort Bonnet Company beach towel and stuffed seagull for Benton as a birthday gift that also made cute decor. 

Below, I've listed where everything was purchased from.  For party favors, we gave out sand pails filled with Swedish Fish, bubbles, Go Fish cards, and water guns.  

Boat cake topper: SEToppers
Happy Birthday banner: Peachy Paper Crafts
Invitations and gift tags: Paper and Play Design
Sand pails: Dollar Tree
Beach towel and seagull: The Beaufort Bonnet Company
White Bowls and Cake Stand: Home Goods
Balloons: Party City





























No comments:

Post a Comment